Sessions S. Wheeler
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sessions S. "Buck" Wheeler wrote several books about the Black Rock Desert region including the definitive history "Nevada's Black Rock Desert".
- Sessions S. Wheeler: Nevada Writers Hall of Fame 1989, UNR.
- A Guide to the Records of Sessions S. "Buck" Wheeler, Collection No. 99-01, UNR.
- Charles L. Briggs, "Review: Gentleman in the Outdoors: A Portrait of Max C. Fleischmann by Sessions S. Wheeler," The Western Historical Quarterly, Vol. 18, No. 4 (Oct., 1987), pp. 470-471
- Sessions S. Wheeler, William W. Bliss, "Tahoe Heritage: The Bliss Family of Glenbrook, Nevada," 1985. "Tahoe Heritage is a lively chronicle of four generations of the pioneering Bliss family, beginning with Duane L. Bliss, a visionary who built an impressive lumbering business and later the renowned Glenbrook Inn. The inn was completed in 1907 and quickly became a destination for the elite of San Francisco. The hotel register contains the names of national figures who loved and frequented Glenbrook: Ulysses Grant, Joaquin Miller, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Clark Gable, and Rita Hayworth, to name a few. The Bliss family closed the inn in 1976. Anyone who has visited the Tahoe area, now a very different place from the idyllic days of Bliss family management, will enjoy this account of its growth and the remarkable family which brought it about."
- Sessions S. Wheeler, "Nevada's Black Rock desert," 1978. Caldwell, Idaho : Caxton Printers
- by Reginald Meaker as told to Sessions S. Wheeler and Gerald Meaker, "Nevada desert sheepman", 1981.
- Sessions S. Wheeler, "The Nevada desert," 1971, Caldwell, Idaho, Caxton Printers
- Sessions S. Wheeler, "The desert lake; the story of Nevada's Pyramid Lake", 1967, Caldwell, Idaho, Caxton Printers
- Sessions S. Wheeler, "Paiute," 1965, Caldwell, Idaho, Caxton Printers