Sessions S. Wheeler
From Black Rock Desert Nevada wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Sessions S. "Buck" Wheeler wrote several books about the Black Rock Desert region including the definitive history "Nevada's Black Rock Desert".
- Sessions S. Wheeler: Nevada Writers Hall of Fame 1989, UNR.
- A Guide to the Records of Sessions S. "Buck" Wheeler, Collection No. 99-01, UNR.
- Charles L. Briggs, "Review: Gentleman in the Outdoors: A Portrait of Max C. Fleischmann by Sessions S. Wheeler," The Western Historical Quarterly, Vol. 18, No. 4 (Oct., 1987), pp. 470-471
- Sessions S. Wheeler, William W. Bliss, "Tahoe Heritage: The Bliss Family of Glenbrook, Nevada," 1985. "Tahoe Heritage is a lively chronicle of four generations of the pioneering Bliss family, beginning with Duane L. Bliss, a visionary who built an impressive lumbering business and later the renowned Glenbrook Inn. The inn was completed in 1907 and quickly became a destination for the elite of San Francisco. The hotel register contains the names of national figures who loved and frequented Glenbrook: Ulysses Grant, Joaquin Miller, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Clark Gable, and Rita Hayworth, to name a few. The Bliss family closed the inn in 1976. Anyone who has visited the Tahoe area, now a very different place from the idyllic days of Bliss family management, will enjoy this account of its growth and the remarkable family which brought it about."
- Sessions S. Wheeler, "Nevada's Black Rock desert," 1978. Caldwell, Idaho : Caxton Printers
- by Reginald Meaker as told to Sessions S. Wheeler and Gerald Meaker, "Nevada desert sheepman", 1981.
- Sessions S. Wheeler, "The Nevada desert," 1971, Caldwell, Idaho, Caxton Printers
- Sessions S. Wheeler, "The desert lake; the story of Nevada's Pyramid Lake", 1967, Caldwell, Idaho, Caxton Printers
- Sessions S. Wheeler, "Paiute," 1965, Caldwell, Idaho, Caxton Printers