Battle Creek Ranch

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Revision as of 02:17, 9 August 2022 by Cxbrx (talk | contribs) (is located on the northeast arm of the Black Rock Desert, 8 miles north of Paiute Meadows, 7 miles south of Bartlett Creek)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Battle Creek Ranch is located on the northeast arm of the Black Rock Desert, 8 miles north of Paiute Meadows, 7 miles south of Bartlett Creek.<ref>"Large Gold Area Located at Bartlett Creek," Reno Evening Gazette, February 15, 1933, p. 8.</ref>

In 1911, there was a legal case involving firearms at Battle Creek. A Mrs. Herschel apparently owned the ranch.<ref>"Martin Acquitted of an Assault Charge," Reno Evening Gazette, August 4, 1911, p. 6.</ref>

Miller and Lux sold Paiute Meadows, Battle Creek and Bartlett Creek in 1926 to W.A. Johnstone and son, Sam Johnstone, who in turn sold to Porter in 1945.<ref>"Johnson Ranches sold at Humboldt," Reno Gazette-Journal January 15, 1945, p. 6</ref>

References

<references/>