1988 Nuclear Verification Experiment
From Black Rock Desert Nevada wikiJump to navigationJump to search
On April 29, 1988 10 tons of TNT were detonated under the Black Rock Desert as part of nuclear weapons verification experiment.
- Sandra Blakeslee, "Method to Verify Arms Ban Is Tested by U.S. and Soviet," NY Times, April 30, 1988, p.6.
- Bruce Weber, "Works in Progress: Verify, but Trust," NY Times Magazine, July 10, 1988, p. 66.
- Mark A. Stein, "U.S., Soviet Scientists Call Blast Tests a Success," LA Times, May 1, 1988.
- "Natural Resources Defense Council Annual Report 1987-88, Includes bad scan of a picture of the explosion.
- The New Yorker, May 16, 1988, Volume 64, Issues 11-19.
- Wes Bender, "Calibrating Nevada," The Golden West Chapter of the International Society of Explosives Engineers. Includes photos of the shot.
- "The Nuclear Plague" movie may have footage. See also Nuclear Plague Mistrust.